Tuesday, October 23, 2007

more story time


It's starting to feel like story time is the most exciting thing I have to report about ... guess that's what happens when you don't really go anywhere except to story time. Anyway, today's theme was "red," and as you can see the boys got into the spirit. Well, maybe if you look a little closer you'll see that Max was totally not into the spirit, but hey, that's a fine distinction. Maybe that explains why he spent most of story time rolling around on the floor. He was really happy, and he participated in the little butterfly exercises and dances and stuff, but when it came down to the actual reading of books, well, he wasn't into it. Liam, on the other hand, paid close attention to everything.

Oh! And I figured out the trick to keeping them well-behaved as I gathered my own library books in my weekly mad rush. I discovered that they have small carts, about half the size of a grocery cart. So I let Liam push the cart down the aisles, and I held Max on my hip the whole time. Maybe not the most comfortable thing, but they were so quiet you'd hardly notice that there were rowdy toddlers on the premises.

As we came out of the library, the air and sky were an ominous yellow color. I'm not sure I fully captured it, but I tried. So far, nothing's come of it, but after last week's tornadoes pretty much completely destroyed a town 15 miles from here, it's best to keep an eye out.


No comments: