Tuesday, October 16, 2007

mwah hah hah!

At story time tonight, one of the little girls had a meltdown upon reaching the doorway, and didn't end up coming in at all. Another had a full-on freak out 5 minutes into the session and left too. Meanwhile, my boys? Were fluttering their little hands, pretending to be butterflies for all they were worth. It was adorable. I'm torn between a feeling of "there but for the grace of god..." and pure selfish glee that the boys were so well-behaved, interested, and involved. I have to expect that I'll get my comeuppance one of the remaining three story times, but not tonight, my friends. Not tonight.

1 comment:

Miss Val said...

Well, it's only fair the other parents have their turn, after all! I'm remembering how your first time at storytime went, and while your boys didn't have meltdowns, the others seemed a little too perfect. It's good to see others aren't perfect!