Tuesday, September 11, 2007

overheard

So tonight we were in Max's room, dancing along to some children's CDs that I got at last year's PIL holiday sale (and I really must add that these CDs are CRAPPY) when Liam jumped up and announced that he had to go to the bathroom.

He raced down the hall to the bathroom. As soon as he figured out where Liam was going, Max ran after him, as fast as his stubby little legs would carry him. He got to the bathroom doorway just in time for Liam to yell, "Max, I need some privacy!" and slam the door in his face.

Poor Max. He just stood there sobbing, tears pouring down his little face, and saying something I couldn't quite make out. Wait ... was that? ... yes, it certainly was Max sobbing out: "I ... want ... pri-cee!"

Max wants privacy.

At exactly the same time that I realized that what he was asking for, Liam screamed out from the bathroom, "Max, you're just a baby! You don't get privacy! You poop in your diaper!"

It just about broke my heart, and made me pee my pants laughing.

No comments: