Sunday, September 09, 2007

fruit punch fever


I have a confession to make. I'm addicted to those sugar-free drink pouches that allow you to transform an ordinary bottle of water into pure technicolor flavor. Specifically, glorious fruit punch flavor.

Lately, Liam has taken to stealing my bottles of water whenever I'm not looking so he can sneak some sips. Which wasn't too bad considering that he's made a lot of progress in the "drinking without spilling" area. But this morning, he brought a new twist to his game: He decided to share with Max.

It was a drowsy Sunday morning, and Mike and I were snuggled up in bed while the boys happily watched a cartoon in the playroom (right next to our room). A little too happily, I thought, and got up to investigate. I was just in time to witness Liam tilting the bottle to give Max the last sip of what used to be a full bottle of fruit punch.

Look, Max is drunk on the stuff:




After I captured my staggering little man, I stripped him down to his diaper, threw away his ruined yellow shirt, and washed him off. But the fruit punch wasn't defeated that easily -- look, his poor little belly is still stained red!

No comments: