Sunday, July 13, 2008

lake latonka cookout


By Sunday morning, I could no longer put off the mountain of work that was on my desk. It was a real shame, because my step-grandma's boyfriend, Ray, picked Sunday afternoon to have a family cookout at his home on beautiful Lake Latonka. Fortunately for the boys, Aunt Bethany and crew came to pick them up. It was a triple bonus: the boys got to do something new and fun, Mike got to get a little rest, and I had the afternoon to really hunker down with my deadline.


And from the reports, the boys really did have a lot of fun. They ate like we'd been starving them all day. They "swam" out in the lake. Well, mostly Max swam out in the lake. That kid is fearless. He had no problem walking out deeper and deeper. (He was like that when I took them to the pool on Wednesday, too: he kept walking out until he went underwater, and when I picked him up, he just laughed and squirmed to get back down in the water.) Liam reported that the water was too cold for his taste, so instead he spent some time gathering shells, then he joined Loni and great-aunt Cathy for a spot of fishing at the end of Ray's pier. When he came home, he gave me a detailed account of catching a fish (sorry, no pictures). He said that he touched it, and that it was wiggling a lot because it wanted to get back into the water. He said it was "this big" (only three or four inches, according to his hand gestures), so I assume they threw it back. At any rate, looks like a fun time was had by all! Well, all except for me, slaving away at my desk...



No comments: