Tuesday, July 08, 2008

achoo

I've been dealing with a cold this week, which isn't any fun. The boys have been very sniffly too, with runny noses and coughs. But today, at Liam's four-year checkup, we discovered that he does not have a cold. That's right, he's got allergies. Just like both of his parents. The doctor recommends that we start giving him Claritin (!!!) to alleviate his symptoms. He seems a little young for regular medication like that, but I guess we'll try it and see if we notice a real improvement. It does make me wonder about Max, though. He's had the symptoms too. Their "colds" never really seem to go away. Huh.

1 comment:

Lucky1304 said...

I just found out the same thing about Ella. She seems to have a perpetual stuffed nose, and I mentioned it when we were at the doctor for her infection. He said she has "allergy eyes" and recommended Claritin as well.

I haven't started her on it yet though. It wasn't our regular doctor, and I also thought she seemed young for it. Let me know how it goes. I'm still on the fence about what to do.