Sunday, July 13, 2008

brownie disaster


Friday night, while I tried mostly unsuccessfully to get some work done, Loni was here with the boys. Liam was grounded from going to any parks or watching any of his favorite TV shows because of a series of hitting infractions (he was inexplicably mad because I've been picking them up from daycare every day on my bike). Since their options were pretty limited, I asked Loni if she wouldn't mind making brownies with the boys. Actually, I gave her the option of either making brownies or getting out the play doh. She may have thought that the brownie option would entail less mess and hassle, but if so, she was sadly mistaken.


See, Loni made the rookie mistake of putting the bowl of brownie powder mix where the boys, namely Max, could reach it while she assembled the rest of the ingredients. She turned her back just for a minute, and when she turned back, Max was wearing half of the powder, minus whatever he managed to stuff into his little mouth before she turned around.


They somehow managed to add the rest of the ingredients and get the brownies into the oven, at which point the boys decided to give Loni a mini-makeover with Mr. Potato Head parts. I'm not sure exactly why the manufacturers gave Mr. Potato Head big green hoop earrings as part of his standard ensemble, but I have to say that they really do something for Loni's look. (Also, I feel compelled to add that yes, Loni is in fact wearing clothes in these pictures, no matter what it may look like.)


While the brownies baked, the boys invaded my office space and succeeding in getting me to finally lay aside my mostly fruitless attempts at work in favor of watching funny cat videos online. For some reason, these two think it's just hilarious when a cat dives for a beam of light on the wall, only to slide down the wall screeching, or when a cat makes a grab for a ceiling fan cord, only to take an unexpected ride on the blades.


No comments: