Friday, July 18, 2008

a few ribbons more


It's fair week again, which means that my lovely and talented mom has been hard at work, culling the best quilts and crafty projects from the past year to enter. And check it out: she even entered my window! I salvaged that window from our last apartment in Chicago, and bought an antique quilt remnant on eBay to turn it into a picture frame. She changed the pictures that I originally had in it, though. Sadly, my creative recycling of old stuff didn't win any prizes. However, my mom did win the Ultimate Grand Super Prize Award (as you may remember from last year, I don't speak in the language of 4-H ribbons, but I do know that this one was the best in its class) for the charcoal drawing she did of Loni and Max (above). I think she captured Max particularly well, right down to the little half-smirk. Amazing, considering that she decided to draw it around midnight the night before projects had to be turned in. But apparently, like Gram's Midnight Noodles, some things are just made better in the wee hours.





No comments: