Sunday, November 11, 2007

work in progress


Turns out it takes a long time to install all-new baseboards, chair rail, and crown molding in one room! I spent most of the week painting, staining, and prepping various levels of trim that will complete the playroom, kitchen, and one of the bedrooms upstairs. On Saturday, the boys went to a basketball game (Go, Nick!) with Mom and Lon, Mike had an interview in Toledo (yes, Ohio) for most of the day, and my dad and I worked hard on the trim. Dad brought the saw over and we set up shop on the deck, and started on the playroom. (Of course, that's the room with the most trim!) We measured, cut, sanded, spliced, and installed baseboard, chair rail, and crown molding (which gave us quite a challenge because the angles have to be different). When Mike got home in the afternoon, he helped us finish the room. We still have to putty in all the nail heads, do some touch-up paint, and make and install the curtains (that last one is on tomorrow evening's agenda) so I'll post pictures of the finished product. I'm really pleased with the way it looks so far, and I can't wait to see it all tied together!

No comments: