Monday, November 19, 2007

weekend edition

You know you're not in Chicago anymore when you wake up, look out the window, and find a dead deer strung up on some kind of gruesome swingset device in the neighbor's yard. Which is exactly what happened this weekend. Hunting season just opened, so I guess the neighbor got lucky right away and will be enjoying a vast array of venison entrees over the long winter.

We stayed pretty close to home all weekend. I had to work (ugh) both days so Mike got to have some real, er, quality time with the boys. Liam and Max managed to find time in their busy schedule of fit-throwing, disregarding authority, and whining to do a little coloring and some leaf raking as well.

From the "Explain It If You Can" file:

Can somebody please tell me what would possess Liam to climb into Max's crib every night at bedtime and try to sleep in there with him? It usually ends in tears when Max gets fed up at sharing his space and starts pulling Liam's hair or hitting him. This morning, Liam woke up (in his own bed), climbed into the crib with a still-sleeping Max, and waited patiently for Max to wake up so they could chat and sing. What gives?




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it wrong that I smiled when I heard what Liam did? This morning I had J in bed with me, and Riley came in. I said we could go downstairs when J woke up. So she starts poking him. Kids!

Miss Val said...

I can always remedy a sleepy-head MIA husband by sending 2-year-old Tyler up to climb onto the bed and "jump on Daddy-O!" (insert evil laugh here)

I highly recommend this non-blame-Mommy strategy.

Anonymous said...

So where's the dead deer picts???!!!

mike said...

yeah, seriously, where's the dead deer pic? i know i took one.

time to take matters into my own hands (i'm probably going to get in trouble for this, family blog and all).