Tuesday, November 06, 2007

a million thanks

...to my mom and Loni, who came over and rescued me Monday night. I was terribly sick all day, and in my delirium told my aunt Laura that I would watch her four kids in addition to my own that night. Laura says I sounded wide awake when she called to ask if the kids could come over, and I'm sure I did, only I woke up two hours later, dizzy and nauseated, with a vague memory of having agreed to something. Yikes! But Mom and Lon saved the day. They came over and sent me to bed, entertained the six kids, then put the boys to bed after the cousins had left. I guess it's a great benefit to living here, knowing that there's an emergency plan in place. If we were still in Chicago, I would have had to just suck it up and get through it. How? I don't know. I only know I'm glad I didn't have to last night.

No comments: