Wednesday, March 29, 2017

the good life


Check these kids out. Spring break just started, and after a rocky Monday (honestly, probably the most stressful non-surgery-related day of my parenting career), they all got to do some special things. We met up with Erin and the kids Monday afternoon at Bethany's house, and the boys got to show Lucy, Richie, and Jesse how to feed the baby cow and baby goats, then we wandered through the woods to my parents' house, where my mom had some old cookies to give to the pot-bellied pig and (surprisingly?) the goat, and Lucy and Liam found some fresh eggs in the coop. It was a pretty quick visit, but so much fun!



After that, the boys split up. Liam went to spend the night at my mom's house, then he accompanied Loni and Jack to Indianapolis to the Children's Museum for the day Tuesday. Reports are that they had tons of fun there, and followed it up with a visit to TGI Friday's, where they have a $10 endless appetizer deal that Liam took FULL advantage of.





Meanwhile, Max and Henry went back to Illinois with Erin and spent the night in Western Springs. Tuesday morning they were treated to waffles for breakfast, then Barb joined them and they all went to the Museum of Science and Industry for the day. By the time I picked them up early that evening, they were exhausted but full of stories about the cousins and how much fun they had together.




I'm not gonna lie; the four-hour round trip to pick them up after a full work day was kind of hard on me. But I've got to say that it's totally worth it. My boys get to spend real time (by which I mean a lot of time, not just a rushed and hectic visit here and there) with their grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. They'll have great memories of all this, and hopefully someday they'll appreciate the effort that went into making it happen. And that's worth all the driving.

No comments: