Monday, December 10, 2007

tree farm

Saturday afternoon we went with my dad to the annual pilgrimage to Hensler Nursery. This year, instead of just watching my brother cut down the tree, we got one of our own. We grabbed a cart and headed out into the tree farm to find just the right one. Liam was very excited this year and knew exactly what was going on, but Max is still a little hazy on the concept, so he mostly stayed with me while the men hunted the trees.




At last, we found just the right tree, and the boys watched in interest as my dad cut it down. Oh, did I mention that there are plenty of fun things for kids to do at Hensler's too? There's a great wooden train and tractor that they spent plenty of time playing on, and they got to see reindeer and peacocks and other interesting birds. Liam got snow all over his gloves, and his wet hands were freezing, so I ended up rubbing his hands and then exchanging his wet gloves for my dry ones, but other than that they had a pretty good time out in the snow.





Can you guess how old our tree is?

No comments: