Friday, December 21, 2007

brave...or foolish?

The parents invited me out for dinner to celebrate my birthday, so I decided to give the boys another chance at behaving in a restaurant. I can report that we had mixed results. They were much better overall than the complete meltdown at Pizza Hut a couple of weeks ago, but still not perfect. Max was upset because Liam had a coffee cup to drink his milk from, while Max had a sippy cup. I asked the server for another empty coffee cup (a request that seemed to confound her) but it was a long time coming. Meanwhile, Max got hold of the large styrofoam cup of milk on the table (who brings a jumbo size when you order milk for a child? really?) and tried to drink it. He missed, and poured the milk all over himself. The crisis was averted when the server finally brought another coffee cup.

Liam, meanwhile, was pretty good overall. The restaurant was a Chinese buffet, and he enjoyed being able to pick out his own food. Then my mom took him to get some dessert, and he got upset when she wouldn't let him weild a large serving spoon by himself. I heard him screaming from the table, and ran over and took him into the bathroom for a stern talking-to, after which he was better again. They didn't want to leave (I'm sure they saw bedtime in their future) but went with the promise that they'll get to see Yam, Papaw, and Loni again tonight. Whew!

Here are a few pictures from dinner. Liam is continuing his newfound love of mugging for the camera (this time: wink!), while Loni embraces her longtime BFF (also mugging for the camera).




1 comment:

Miss Val said...

Happy Birthday Holli!!!

Those pics of Liam mugging are priceless! I love 'em!