Sunday, August 12, 2007

surprise party: toddler's eye view

Today we threw a surprise party for my Yami's birthday. Mom and Dad were busy all morning cleaning, and Liam and I weren't sure what to do around all that activity, so we decided to fight and make each other cry all morning. [Ed. note: They set a record for most bursts of tears in a three-hour period.]

Then lots of people started to come into our house, and I didn't like that. Uncle Bob said hi to me and it made me cry. My mom and dad had to hold me all the time after that. We waited and waited, then finally Yami came. Liam and I ran outside to meet her, like we always do, but when she came in the house all the big people jumped out and yelled "Surprise!" Yami must have been surprised because she said a bad word. [Ed. note: "Oh, sh*t!" But in a good way.] We ate lots of food, and then it was time to sing the birthday song to Yami.


After that, I started to have fun being around all the people. I played patty cake with Aunt Bethany,


learned about this suncatcher thing with Uncle Doug,


and played with Yami's gift. [Ed. note: It was an "Old Lady Survival Cane," complete with magnifying glass, horn, old lady crossing sign, and calf-length stocking. Charming.]


Everyone seemed like they had a fun time, and I did too, but to tell you the truth, I was happy when everyone left and Liam fell asleep on the couch. Then I had Mom and Dad all to myself until dinner time. I played and played! Then Mom made dinner, and it was really good. Yum! Yum!....Yuu...zzzzzzzz.



Anyway, happy birthday, Yami! Whatever that means. [Ed. note: We'll work on it.]

No comments: