Sunday, August 05, 2007

and me without my camera!

It just figures. I'm usually so good about having the camera with us all the time, and the one day I forget it, a bunch of great photo opportunities present themselves. We went to my parents' house for a chop suey dinner tonight, which the boys gobbled down. About halfway through dinner, my sisters and niece came over with the new horse, Thunder. The boys got to pet their first horse, and I wasn't there with camera in hand to capture the moment! Liam actually led Thunder around by a rope for a little bit. Oh well, there's always next time -- I'm sure they'll see Thunder again soon.

But the real can't-miss moment was after dinner. My mom gave the boys each a sucker, and once we showed them how to lick instead of bite, they were in candy heaven. Then Max lost his sucker. He started crying and turning around in circles looking for it -- and it was stuck to the back of his shirt! It was really a classic moment, and I literally banged my hand on the table in frustration at not having my camera, or at the very least, the camera on my cell phone (left that at home too).

By the time we got home, the boys were happy and exhausted. Like his mother, Liam likes to do a little reading before bed. Here's how he fell asleep:


Maybe next week I'll have my act together enough to get some new pictures. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

No comments: