Friday, October 20, 2006

bemy, finally...

Some names are easy for Liam. The first name he really understood and said was the name of his favorite person in the world, Klaudia (seen here at Liam's birthday party). Among the names he knows without hesitation are Max, Yammi, Papaw, Grandma, Grandpa, J, Loni, Jo-Joe, and Johnny.

We've been trying for months to get him to say my sister Bethany's name. I figured that three syllables shouldn't be too much since he could say Klaudia with no problem. But no. When asked to say Bethany, he would just laugh, or run away, or stare blankly.

Then today, a breakthrough. I got some pictures that I ordered online and Liam wanted to look at them. When we came to the image below, I asked him without much hope who the person was. "Beh-mee!" He replied excitedly. Bemy, indeed! I just hope he's still saying it when we see Bemy on Sunday...

No comments: