Thursday, August 29, 2019

conference time!

Friends, at the sprightly age of 44, I've gone to my first professional work conference. I've had my first business trip. I'm a true adult now, I guess. Or something.


The conference in question was the Association of National Advertisers Nonprofit Conference, and it was held in downtown Chicago, so my friend Jill and I each got to take the train in (her from the suburbs, me from the South Shore station at Dune Park) and spend a couple of days promoting our employer and telling people all about how much everyone needs a proofreader. Yes, even me, and even you. We ALL need proofers.


I was very nervous about going because I'm not exactly the epitome of "professional," but it ended up being a really great time. I learned a lot, met a lot of new people, and even met one of my bosses for the first time (after 12 years of working for the company). Plus, at the end of the conference, the companies that donated to the swag bags (that's right, I got my first swag bag) were giving away more swag and were going to throw it all away rather than haul it back to on their flights, so I loaded up a bunch of bags filled with earbuds and yo-yos, and schlepped it all back to the train and brought it home and distributed the goods to Henry's fourth-grade class and my sister's third-grade class. A win for everyone!


I might never go to another conference again, given the nature of my work, so please enjoy this very professional selection of photos from the two days.







No comments: