Monday, September 03, 2018

housewarming

The painting's all done (except the front door), the rooms are all furnished (except the basement), and Saturday we finally had our long-awaited housewarming party. It was a beautiful afternoon, and I took precisely zero pictures of any of the festivities. I set my phone down when I was getting the food set up, and I didn't pick it up again until the last guest had departed. Which is not a bad thing at all. It's been kind of a rough summer for me, but that's another story; suffice it to say that I needed an afternoon to just ... be with the people I care about. So many people made the effort to come, and I appreciate every single one of you.

There was plenty to eat and drink (so much that we are still a little overwhelmed by it!), and everyone seemed to have fun checking out the house and hanging out inside and out on the patio, where we set up extra tables. I borrowed my grandpa's cornhole set, and it was in use pretty much the whole afternoon, which made him very happy. The kids ran around in a frenzy most of the day, slowing down only to snag more cookies and/or sugary drinks before running off again. At one point, Liam and Henry got into some sort of tussle that resulted in Henry chasing Liam around with an open bottle of ice-cold water. Unfortunately for Henry, he's 8, and his aim isn't so great, so when he threw the water at Liam, he missed ... and hit me instead. I was drenched, but it was hot enough outside that I dried off pretty quickly.

And luckily for me, Erin took a couple pictures while they were here, so at least I have some cute kid/cousin shots to add to this post:



No comments: