Monday, May 01, 2017

last-minute founder

These children! They know I'm not the world's most artistic or creative mom, and yet they somehow think I can pull a rabbit out of my hat every single time. Case in point: Today after school, Max tells me that he needs to be Thomas Jefferson for a school project TOMORROW. I'm not gonna lie, panic ensued and expletives were involved.

In news that will surprise exactly nobody, after I got over my initial frustration/shock/bewilderment, like the spoiled princess I am (ha!), I called my mommy, and she saved the day. In further news that will surprise exactly nobody, she saved the day within 10 minutes and using materials she already had just laying around the house. (Side note: Her house is much more interesting than mine.) Max and I headed to Hamlet, where she used a piece of fabric to create a neckpiece (cravat? I'm not even sure, but it totally looked authentic), squeezed my growing boy into one of Loni's blazers, and crafted the perfect wig for him out of cotton batting. He tried on some riding boots of Lon's too, but she has freakishly tiny feet (which is funny since I have freakishly large ones), so we ended up going down the street and finding the perfect pair in Klaudia's closet.

So without further ado, I give you Max "Thomas Jefferson" Fort:


No comments: