Sunday, June 19, 2016

wild life



Happy Father's Day!

Mike loved the hibiscus tree, as well as the selection of hot tea I got him. He has been saying for a while that he is bored with drinking plain old Lipton in the mornings, so I did a little research with my best friend Amazon, and came up with a few new options for him to try.

I think everyone got a little of what they wanted this Father's Day. We had breakfast at my parents' house, after which a group that most assuredly did NOT include me went out to clip the chickens' wings and work on building the chicken coop. Since Avalon went out with them, Max had the perfect opportunity to get in a little one-on-one time with Jack. Have I mentioned that Max now wants to be a teacher when he grows up? I'm sure you are shocked. Shocked!


After breakfast, we headed back home, and Mike spent the whole afternoon working in the garden, which he loves. Meanwhile, I rode my bike over to my grandpa's house and spent the afternoon hanging out with Gramps and various aunts, uncles, and cousins. I asked the boys if any of them wanted to come with me, but they were all too busy playing video games to make eye contact, much less get on a bike, so I went by myself -- a real treat!


No comments: