Monday, February 13, 2012

avalon is 21!


A couple of years ago, Avalon went with me to buy new cell phones. At one point, we happened to mention that we are sisters, which totally blew the salesman's mind because of our "vast" age difference. After a minute, he looked at Lon and asked if she was an accident. I sat there, boggled at the sheer nerve of that question, but Lon was cool as a cucumber and just said, "Well, I may have been an accident, but my brother was a mistake!" Of course, neither of those things are true, but the point is that she took that rudeness right in stride and offered a comeback that was smart and pointed enough that the salesman didn't know what hit him.

Happy birthday, Avalon! May you always have the grace to handle sticky situations, and a sassy rejoinder for the salesmen and other assorted creepers of the world. We love you!

1 comment:

mike said...

my response would have been slightly less witty and exponentially more profane.