Tuesday, April 15, 2008

old news

As Avalon said, I've been really busy. Really busy. It's great for the bank balance, not so great for the sanity, but we're hanging in there. I've got a lull tonight, so I thought I'd fill you all in on what we've been doing. Last weekend, after a month and a half of trying, Liam earned his 15th dry-night sticker, so off we went to claim his reward. First stop was the pancake breakfast at my dad's firehouse, where we happily filled our tummies. With his inside connection, Liam was lucky enough to get to go up the staircase to...well, whatever the firefighters keep up there. Beds? A communal kitchen where they cook pots of chili? I'm not sure.


After breakfast, Mike, Liam, and I went off to the Children's Museum of Indianapolis, while Max spent the day hanging out with my parents (having his parents to himself for the day was part of Liam's reward). Once we got there (two and a half hours later!) we had a wonderful day. Liam rode on the carousel (a miracle considering the fear he developed at the fair last summer), drove cars, checked out dinosaurs, played Pac Man (yay!), and got to go down a slide from the second floor to the first floor -- among many other things. Here are some of the highlights:




No comments: