Monday, February 04, 2008

cooped-up kids


We've all been going a bit stir-crazy lately, waiting for the winter to end. The snow just keeps coming, and it seems like spring never will. At times like these, even a little change of scenery can be a big relief. So Saturday morning, I packed up the kids and we headed to my mom's house, where cousins Kelsey, Emma, Jimmy, and Gracie were already in residence enjoying Loni's babysitting talents. I wish I could say that the kids greeted each other like long-lost...well, cousins...but it didn't quite happen that way. Max had a wonderful time playing with Jimmy, and he got along well with the girls too, but Liam was just having a bad day. He did a lot of yelling, and a lot of crying for no real reason (his newest, most irritating thing is to cover his mouth with both hands and gasp repeatedly as he starts crying, clutching his face as if someone had just punched him in the mouth). I was downstairs trying to work on some projects with my mom (more on that later) and I could tell that Liam was making life rough for the other kids, so I gave him a few chances and then eventually called Mike to come and get them. Oh, well. At least they got out of the house for a few hours!


No comments: