Thursday, June 11, 2020

covid diary: day 92


It was a picture-perfect day outside. I spent the day working, and Mike spent the day working on my car. (I am SO grateful that he is mechanically inclined!) He replaced my brakes and rotors, and he fixed this annoying rattle that's been plaguing us for years (if you care about the details, it's a common Odyssey problem where the heat shields start to rust and then they come loose and start rattling; Mike found a way to clamp them down).

I was thinking that today I would write about the statues of Confederate generals and genocidal "explorers" that have been forcefully taken down by protesters all over the country, but then my boss emailed me with a last-minute request to work a shift tonight, and I can't pass up any hours right now, no matter if I'm tired, so that will have to wait for another day. Here's my executive summary: Take them all down. Smash them to pieces. Stop glorifying terrible men as a way to keep black people in a constant state of fear and intimidation. Just stop.

Nationwide cases: 2,023,347. Deaths: 113,820.


No comments: