Wednesday, November 18, 2015

big day yesterday

What a whirlwind! My sister Avalon was scheduled to be induced yesterday, so we figured we would have a nephew by the end of the day. What we didn't know is that my sister-in-law, Erin, would ALSO go into labor on the same day. So now we have double bonus nephew time, and we couldn't be happier!

Erin and Johnny welcomed Jesse Robert around 4 p.m., just as I was getting to the hospital in South Bend to hang out with my family and wait for things to happen with Lon. We were all there: Craig, of course, but also Mom and Dad, Bethany, J, Klaudia, and Lilly. So we waited. And waited. And waited some more. We took some naps. My dad watched some weird TV show. J trolled me about politics. We drank coffee and soda and accepted the meager offerings of the snack machine. And sometime after 9, we got a text from Craig saying that Jack Harrison had arrived. At which time we proceeded to wait and nap and eat and drink and chat for another two hours while Loni and Craig got to bond with the baby and everyone had a chance to clean up. Then we went in, said hi and congratulations, admired the adorable new kid, and headed home.

I'm not gonna lie: It was hard to get up for work this morning! Luckily, I had something to look forward to, and at the end of my workday I headed back up the highway and back to the hospital. And this time I got to hold him! Behold, baby Jack:



Erin was also kind enough to send some pictures of baby Jesse. We probably won't meet him for another week, but we love him already! Also, we know for sure that this family of five is in for some very active and exciting times.



No comments: