Saturday, October 24, 2015

something fishy here



My sister-in-law Megan lives in Gatlinburg, and she has been a wonderful resource for us this trip. She helped us find our cabin (Mike keeps calling it a mansion, and he's not far off), and somehow she managed to wrangle free passes for us to Dollywood and Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies. So this morning, Laura, Emyle (Laura's sister-in-law), Henry, Gracie, Elly, and I went off to see some fish. We've all been to the Shedd Aquarium a bunch of times, so we were feeling pretty confident that it might be nice but wouldn't really compare. Ha! I was so impressed. There were so many hands-on things for the kids to do, and the whole downstairs was basically a moving sidewalk that ran right through the middle of a giant aquarium, so there were sharks swimming all around us. The best part for me was that there were minimal external lights, so no irritating reflections every time I tried to take a picture (this is a problem I run into every time we go to the Shedd). Too bad I only had my phone with me instead of the big camera, which was with Mike. Still, I think I ended up with some pretty great pictures to remember the place by.













No comments: