Sunday, October 04, 2015

baby shower!


Only a few weeks left until Avalon and Craig's baby is here! Today we had a shower to help them welcome baby Jack. I am so excited to have a new nephew come Thanksgiving (actually, I might have two of them, if Johnny and Erin have a boy too), and I can't wait to meet him. Pretty sure Lon is more than ready to be done being pregnant too. Bethany did a great job with all the food and decorations, and everyone had a lovely time. The best part was that we did baby charades, and Lon and Craig had to act out all the things on the cards (giving birth, breastfeeding, having a play date, changing a diaper). It reminded me of my own baby shower before Liam was born, when all the men had to race to put diapers on dolls. My grandpa ended up throwing his doll aside and declaring that he only ever changed diapers on an emergency basis and wasn't about to start. (Mark Holiday was eventually named the winner.) Good times!

Lilly expressed some doubt today that I could actually be Avalon's sister (I am assuming because of the age difference) so I'm including a picture that should put her doubts to rest.









No comments: