Thursday, February 03, 2011

the great chocolate chip caper

Maybe you've heard, we've had a blizzard. It came through on Tuesday, and on Wednesday, everything was closed. Well, almost everything. Bethany braved the weather and headed to the local big-name supercenter to stock up on some provisions, then she stopped by our house to give the boys some things to entertain them while they were stuck inside. And she was nice enough to give me a bag of chocolate chips so I could make cookies with the boys.

In the late afternoon, Henry started fussing. The bag of chocolate chips was on my desk, and it was his regular snack time, so I opened the bag and gave him a few. Then I closed the bag with a binder clip and buried it under some papers so he wouldn't see it and start crying for more.

This morning, while I was brushing my teeth, I heard a strange noise. I came out to find this:


I guess his memory is sharper than I gave him credit for! Luckily, his big brothers were happy to help out with the cleanup. (The paper scraps are courtesy of Max, who is obsessed with cutting paper -- I just hope he doesn't get the idea to apply his scissor fixation to his hair like Liam did at his age!)


And it wouldn't really be fair if I didn't show you the result: a sugared-up baby who had his treat taken away and thrown in the garbage. And after he worked so hard to get to it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, your mommy's soooo mean. Yami will take you out for a choclate choclate double choclate cocoa choclate treat. Then take you home.xxxoooo