Monday, November 15, 2010

quick hit: old equals tall


Saturday, Liam and Max got haircuts, and the stylist gave them each a balloon afterward. Henry loved the balloons, and cried and pointed every time one escaped his grasp and floated up to the ceiling. For reasons unknown, Max and Liam at one point decided to untie the string from one, and of course, it floated up to the ceiling and they couldn't get it. So they asked Mike to get it, which he did handily.

Sunday, Max and I drove to Oak Park for my friend Val's birthday party, and Max got to pick three balloons to bring home (one for each boy). In the van, one of them popped unexpectedly -- it scared the crap out of both of us! And once we got home, Max got out of the van in the garage, and lost control of one of the strings. The balloon floated peacefully into the rafters.

Max looked up at it thoughtfully, then said, "We are gonna need somebody really old to get that one down!"

And then a minute later: "Or I guess we could get a ladder. I don't know anybody that old."

2 comments:

Miss Val said...

Even at 40 I'm sure I'm not old enough to reach that balloon. But I wish I were a wee bit closer to you 'cause I'd drive over another balloon! We still have several left over from the party! I'm so glad you and Max came!

Anonymous said...

Henry looks soooo much like you did at that age! Can't wait to see if his hair gets curly as it gets longer.