Thursday, January 07, 2010

the best milestone


Today I was talking to my friend Natalie about how Henry is trying so hard and is thisclose to rolling over, but hadn't really laughed yet and isn't reaching for things. I had just gotten an e-newsletter from a formula company, and I was joking that the implication was that clearly, my child WOULD be doing these things ... if only I would feed him more of their delicious and nutritionally superior formula. But my little slobber bomber (yes, Liam likes to call him that whenever he slobbers on something, which is pretty much anytime he's awake) has his own ideas about his development, and not two hours after my conversation with Natalie, Henry started laughing. Real belly laughs over some silly thing I was saying to him. His first real laugh! And then he laughed so hard that he gave himself the hiccups, and spent the next few minutes looking confused. It may be a few more days (or maybe not!) before he shows off this newfound skill to anyone else, but I can tell you that I'm pretty sure I won't forget this first!

No comments: