Thursday, October 29, 2009

hands-free operation


And what's Henry been doing lately? Well, he's still sleeping a lot, but he's been having longer and longer periods of being awake and alert, and he's starting to show interest in his surroundings. Most exciting, he's starting to smile. He's done it several times, and in the past day or so, his smiles seem to be getting more frequent and intentional. It's really wonderful. But when he isn't with Mike during the day, Henry can usually be found right at the computer with me, curled up in a sling, which allows me to hold him all the time (something he really likes) but still have both hands free so I can get some work done (something that I like). The baby pouch has definitely been a big hit around here, and I'm totally puzzled as to why I didn't get one when the first two were babies! He is so sweet and peaceful in there, too...

2 comments:

Lucky1304 said...

I knew you'd love it! :)

Anonymous said...

Really?? Let me enlighten you about the baby sling. I'm guessing that you didn't use one for Liam and Max for the same reason I didn't use the one I had for your brother.(I did it for about 15 minutes.) You can kill yourself toting around a 10 lb. baby without working up to it. Henry, being normal sized, fit just right.