Friday, May 22, 2009

the graduate


Last night, the boys had their spring concert at school, along with Liam's preschool graduation. They both did really well during the program, and sang their little hearts out. I may post video later, depending on how big the videos ended up being. Unfortunately, they were placed at opposite ends of the stage from each other, so it was hard to get them both doing their thing. The concert was definitely a success, and the boys loved having most of a row there just to see them (me, my mom and dad, Loni, and Bethany, who got to see them in concert for the first time). It was a real treat. Once they finished singing, the graduates donned their little mortarboards and had their names called to get their diplomas. Each kid also got a little photo album from the teachers with pictures of them during their time at the school. Liam's was wonderful! It was so sweet to see so many pictures of him (most of which were new to us) from the past two years.

Because of a prior engagement, Grandpa Okie couldn't join us, but after the program, we went to his favorite local eatery: Ponderosa. The boys and I had never been there before, so it was fun to go someplace new. I enjoyed my steak, and the boys were big fans of the ice cream bar. Once he was finished eating, Liam got a little impatient waiting for the adults to finish, but I solved that problem by handing him my camera, and he happily spent the rest of the time taking pictures out the window of the Walgreens and McDonalds next door. Funny kid.




1 comment:

Editdebs Talks said...

Congratulations, Liam--my birthday twin! How did you get to be so grownup? I sure don't feel 5 years older.

Both boys are beautiful!