Monday, January 19, 2009

buh-bye


Here at circus forticus, we've started off the year with the unfortunate combination of rampant illness and extremely tight work deadlines. It hasn't left much time for eating/sleeping, let alone doing anything exciting enough to blog about and then finding the time to blog about it.

But today marks what I'm hoping is a turnaround. The boys are back at school, and Mike and I are still feeling crappy, but it's a manageable sort of crappy. But the most exciting part is that the on/off/oft-stalled bathroom renovations upstairs are underway! We finally got wise to our limitations and called in the expert (my aunt Laura's husband, Jim, who owns a construction business). We're only two hours into it, but already the yucky toilet and tacky vanity are gone. And I just wanted to share, because I looked out the window and saw the toilet by the side of the road, looking for all the world like it's trying to hitch a ride to someplace warmer...

No comments: