Tuesday, December 09, 2008

that's a big cookie


While Max napped Sunday afternoon, Liam and I headed over to Greenhouse to visit with Gram, Aunt Marlene, and some cousins. Before we left, Liam saw me with my wallet, and asked if he could have a dollar. Sure. I gave it to him and he snapped it into his coat pocket. Then he asked if he could have a twenty. I'm not kidding.

Having nixed that idea, we spent a couple of very pleasant hours relaxing (me) and running around with the other kids (him) before it was time to head home. On the way home, we stopped at a gas station. Before we went inside, Liam begged to be allowed to use his dollar to buy a cookie. Little did I know that they sold face-size cookies at the counter! But a deal's a deal, right? He ate about a quarter of it, then decided to save the rest for later -- and now he's forgotten about it, and it's still hanging out in the fridge. (For some reason, Mike feels the need to refrigerate all leftovers, whether they need it or not, but that's a story for another day.)

No comments: