Wednesday, June 13, 2007

well, we're in...sort of

The move was, as Mike said below, hellish and exhausting. Four days later, it feels a little less like camping and a little more like home. We've unpacked a million boxes. Since their rooms aren't ready yet, the boys have been bunking in our room. We've got a pretty big room, but it gets small awfully fast when you try to shoehorn in our furniture plus Max's crib and Liam's bed. But we're making it work. I've spent the last few days calling daycares for the boys, and it seemed that every last daycare in town was full and had a waiting list. I was just about to give up when I got a call from one of the centers saying they have openings. Whew! We're going to visit tomorrow, so keep your fingers crossed that we all like it. Once the boys get settled into a routine, we'll be able to start getting more done on the house, and before too long it will be all the way like home.


Check out this giant stack of Fiestaware that I found over the course of the move. These are just the extra place settings (I have about 20 out in the cabinets already). I had no idea I had so many. It's easy to lose track since we just shoved them wherever they would fit at the apartment. Seeing them all together like this was a little bit of a surprise. But I love them, and it makes me happy to see the table set -- it always looks so cheerful with all the colors.

No comments: