Monday, April 23, 2007

whirlwind trip

We had our closing on the house Wednesday, so now it's ours, ours, ours. Everything went fine, except that I started getting really sick Wednesday morning, and by the time the closing was over I was done for. I got the flu, and all the fun things that come with it. Then it turned out I have strep throat too. Yikes! But by Sunday morning I was recovered enough for us to make a trip to Indiana to do a "prep day" for the house. First stop, Hamlet, where Mike and my dad retrieved the furniture we had in storage there, and Max took a ride on Papaw's new tractor:



Then we headed to the house, where we unloaded the furniture and the things we managed to fit in the car on this trip. My Gram came over for a tour, and my aunt Janis happened to be driving by, so she stopped in with the kids to check the place out too. Then we adopted a divide-and-conquer approach: Mike and my dad went to Lowe's to get all the manly construction/painting/repair supplies, while my mom and I took the boys to the fabric store, where I ordered some fabulously perfect fabric for the kitchen curtains, and then to K-mart for basic supplies. The boys were great pretty much the whole time, but by the time I got to the checkout at K-mart, Max had had enough. He fell asleep in the cart but was doing the whole head-nod thing and waking himself up every five minutes, so I did what any caring mother would do:



It's the beginning of another busy week, and then the first full weekend of work on the house. We can't wait to get started!

No comments: