Wednesday, November 01, 2006

get a leg up

I'm going in for some vein surgery on my right leg Friday morning. I'm excited because I've had pain in that leg for a long time now, and it's gotten worse. The surgeon is going to go in and close off all the bad veins (they have busted valves), and then other (healthy) veins will take over the job of getting the blood where it needs to go. I'll be glad when it's done, but of course I'm not looking forward to it. It's outpatient, though, and with any luck I should be back at work on Tuesday. So that's good. Another silver lining: I can't lift anything over 10 pounds for a while, so Mike is going to have the bulk of the childcare duties, and I might get a full night's sleep. He says he doesn't mind, since he shares equally in all the household/child duties anyway. But still, I think the man deserves all the credit in the world. The boys aren't easy, even when both of us are up to the challenge. They're a lot of great things (sweet, funny, generally happy, often surprising), but easy isn't one of them.

No comments: