Sunday, October 01, 2023

cuyahoga valley national park


My cousin Connell got married Friday night at the Cleveland Zoo. It was a really fun ceremony. I can't recreate the moment, but Kent officiated and asked if any of the creatures of the land, air, or sea had any reason why the bride and groom should not be joined in matrimony. You'll have to trust me that it was funny. I turned to Janis and said that I wished I could go back in time and change my wedding venue to a zoo just so he could make that joke! The venue was beautiful, and I had a good night catching up with various family members. (Because of the Friday wedding, Mike had to work, so I was solo on this trip.) No pictures because I was busy just living in the moment, but everything was lovely.

It was a late night, but I had to get up Saturday morning because I made big plans with myself. I brought my bike along on this trip, and yes, before you ask, I did keep it in my hotel room like some kind of weirdo. Also yes, lots of people gave me funny looks as I was wheeling it down the halls and onto the elevator. It was worth the weird looks and the early morning, though, because I headed to part of Cuyahoga Valley National Park that we (mostly) hadn't explored before: the Towpath Trail. It was a super foggy morning, which added to the spooky season vibes and was perfect for the end of September.




The parts of the trail I rode were mostly not paved, which I'm not used to, but it was a nice change. I saw plenty of deer and birds along the way. Best of all, I managed not to get lost, even though there were a bunch of side paths and intersections. It really was a great ride, and now I want to take my bike everywhere we go just so I can find something to explore by wheel. And one of these days I'm coming back so I can do a long ride in one direction and take the old-timey train back. Whee! 






No comments: