Monday, March 06, 2023

week 12

 I have officially graduated from post-surgery follow-up visits! It's partly because I'm just at the end of the postsurgical period (which is 90 days), partly because the doctor is very happy with how my recovery is progressing, and partly because the doctor left on maternity leave the day after my visit last week. Naturally, I followed that visit by immediately Doing Too Much and making my foot start hurting in new and exciting ways. And by Doing Too Much, I mean that I drove to and from my appointment, walked into and out of my appointment, and had the audacity to stop at CVS on the way home. That's all it takes these days.

But don't worry, I've learned my lesson and I'm taking things very (some might say excruciatingly or even frustratingly) slowly. I had an appointment on Friday, and I wore the boot there so I wouldn't overdo it. I've been compressing and elevating and following all instructions. This morning, I rode my stationary bike for 5 minutes, and while my foot is sore, everything seems to be intact, so that's a start. 

Meanwhile, life goes on. Max went skiing for the first time over Presidents Day weekend, and he had tons of fun on the slopes with our cousin James and the rest of the Interact Club. By coincidence, the next day Erin took the kids to the same ski resort, and Jesse ended up breaking his leg. Dang!! We still got to meet up with them all to celebrate Max and Miles's birthdays, which was really fun. At the end of this week, Liam comes home for spring break, and it will be really nice to have him around for a while. Of course, they couldn't all have the same spring break week, so Max and Henry will be on break the week after that. Stay tuned because Liam, Max, and I are going to embark on a little adventure.













No comments: