Friday, January 27, 2023

six weeks

 Today marks six weeks since my surgery. That's 42 days in which I've been largely in my house (except for three doctor appointments and one trip to Michigan for a birthday party). And listen, in this time, I could have gathered up two of every animal in creation, loaded them into my ark, endured a lengthy flood, helped them all disembark, and still had time to go out for lunch and a mani/pedi. These weeks have been LONG. 

Technically, today marks the end of the non-weight-bearing portion of the program, but I don't have another appointment until next week, when presumably I will find out exactly how she wants me to do this. Stay tuned for that. I'm sure it will be thrilling, just like watching a baby take his first steps. But probably with a lot more tears and stressed vocalizations.

In the meantime, please enjoy these pictures. We've got a very important message from Liam about the best buildings on campus, Henry fresh from a junior high dance, and since I haven't taken any recent pictures of Max, here he is with puppy Pluto in honor of Pluto's sixth birthday, which we celebrated Tuesday.




 

No comments: