Monday, November 18, 2019

crane weekend


Welp, I might have picked a bad weekend to see the sandhill cranes at Jasper-Pulaski State Fish & Wildlife Area, but that didn't stop me from trying ... twice. Saturday morning, Max got up with me to see the sunrise, but it was pretty foggy and very cold. There were still plenty of birds (and deer!), but they were kind of far away and the conditions just weren't right. BUT we met up with my parents afterward for breakfast at Christo's, so the morning was definitely not a loss.




Yesterday, I talked Mike into going back with me to try to catch the cranes at sunset. It started raining when we were on the road, which probably was a sign that we were wasting our time, but then we saw a broad-winged hawk in a tree, just hanging out getting rained on, so that seemed like a sign that we should press on. So we did. Again, not great conditions. It kept threatening to clear up, but never actually delivered. Oh well. Any weekend with this much bird viewing is a good weekend, no matter how the pictures turn out!




No comments: