Friday, September 20, 2019

sixteen


Somehow I doubt that Mike believed me when I told him that 16 is the bird anniversary (modern, of course; traditional is wax, believe it or not), but he humored me anyway and bought me the Lego bird set I've been hankering for. And that, friends, sort of encapsulates the past 16 years. We are weirdos, but we're each weird in a way that's perfect for the other. We are imperfect, but we're each imperfect in a way that is charming to the other. We are funny and sarcastic and earnest and nerdy and sometimes overwhelmed and willing to engage on any topic with each other. We aren't perfect, but we fit perfectly together. Happy anniversary, Mike. I'm so glad we're on this trip together.

P.S. The modern gift for 16 years is silver hollowware, whatever the heck that is. Give me something nerdy over that any day!




No comments: