Sunday, November 27, 2016

jewelry workshop

Because obviously I haven't been to enough state parks over the long weekend (or spent enough hours in the car, for that matter), my mom and I decided to go to a workshop today at Indiana Dunes State Park. The workshop was on making wire-wrapped jewelry using beach glass, and for a small fee ($5 each) we got to work with an instructor to learn some techniques, and then we we got all the materials we needed to design our own creations. Mine turned out pretty well, I think.


Of course, I'm no artist, so they were no match for Marlene's creations. Friends, you should have seen it. We were at a table with three other women, and they all watched in fascination as my mom turned out piece after piece that was beautiful and perfect. [The women, collectively: "How does she do that?" Me: "She's like that with everything creative. It's infuriating."] Then she made friends with the women, gave them some tips, and even showed them some pictures of her other work once she learned that one of the women was also a quilter. We really had a great time, and it was the perfect way to end the long weekend. And DEFINITELY worth the drive!


No comments: