Saturday, April 23, 2016

soccer time

Opening day for soccer was last week, and it was pretty rushed and hectic. Mike had mandatory overtime (HATE THAT), and Max and Henry had games at the same time in different towns. I went through about seven different people (thank goodness for my giant family!) before my aunt Janis volunteered to take Henry to his game (which was in Plymouth) so I could take Max to his game (which was in Rochester). But naturally, there was a family emergency that cropped up when Max and I were already on the road, so things got (even more) complicated. My grandpa got sick and needed to go to the emergency room, so he was running down HIS list of people to give him a ride (he doesn't drive) and Janis ended up being that person too (Max: "Aunt Janis volunteers to help EVERYBODY! How does she do it??"). She dropped Henry off at his game with Liam there to act as chaperone, and my dad ended up leaving his meeting a little bit early to pick them up. My grandpa had emergency surgery, but he is recovering nicely now. WHEW.

So today marked the second soccer game, and we had the same situation of mandatory overtime plus two games in two different towns. Happily, this week my parents were available, so Max spent the night with them (a highly coveted event!) and they took him out for breakfast and then off to his game in Culver. Meanwhile, Liam and I took Henry to his game in Plymouth. Both boys won, and both scored goals (YAY!), and I finally took some pictures. So here's Henry in action, kicking ball and taking names:




No comments: