Wednesday, June 17, 2015

oh, henry!

Tonight I smelled something truly awful (really, it was odiferous!) upstairs. I followed my nose to a drawer in Henry's dresser that smelled overwhelmingly like some kind of gas. (I was guessing kerosene.) All the clothes and little trinkets he had crammed in there positively reeked, and I was more than a little freaked out. Where did they get gas? Why would they pour it in a drawer? What is even happening here? After intensive interrogation techniques got me absolutely nowhere with the boys, I acted on a hunch and called my dad. Thank goodness I did, because he figured out the problem right away: MOTHBALLS. They were in the flowerbeds at my mom and dad's house, and Henry liked the way they looked, so he smuggled some home in his pockets and stored them with all his other beloved trinkets. Crisis averted ... except for the smell. People actually USE these things???


No comments: