Tuesday, August 11, 2009

it's hot outside

Yes, it's August, and it's just now getting hot outside. My friend Darcy would say finally, but I say: already? Can't we just have a mild summer? But no. So Monday night, the boys and I set off for Bethany's house to have cake and ice cream for my mom's birthday, and since it was way too hot to jump on the trampoline (to Liam's everlasting and bitter disappointment), we had to make some indoor fun. And here's how that went:

Klaudia decided that Liam needed to accentuate his best features (as if those big brown eyes aren't compelling enough on their own!).



J and Max developed a new variation on water torture that was really just hard on my ears with all the squealing Max was doing (but he kept going back for more).



Bethany brought the puppies in for a visit.



And finally, Liam played three games of Wii bowling. He seems to be pretty into the Wii lately whenever we go anywhere there is one. Guess he comes by that honestly, since our house is already home to a Nintendo, Xbox, and Xbox 360 (am I missing one here, Mike?). I'm guessing a Wii of our own won't be too far in the future.

2 comments:

mike said...

playstation.

Darcy said...

That Darcy girl sounds awesome! :) But seriously, I'd feel the same way you would if I was pregnant. Hang in there, and feel free to send the heat eastward.