Wednesday, November 19, 2008

first snow

The saddest little snowman ever

We got our first biggish snow the other night, and yesterday we enjoyed the wonder and excitement of the first snowfall, which will now be followed (on my part, at least, and Mike's) by months of resentment at the bitterly cold temperatures and having to shovel our way out of the house every morning. But for now, we'll just focus on the positive. We woke up to a few inches of snow, and the boys got to help me shovel the walkway before school, which thrilled them to no end. On the way home from school, Liam fretted the whole way about whether all the snow had melted. He really wanted to play in it. Lucky for him, there was still plenty of snow left, so I gave them their shovels and set them free on the deck.


Snow? I'm not so sure...


So...delicious!


I must always remember to stand and walk in the
deepest snow possible, thus ensuring not only that
I'll have soaking wet feet all day, but that Mom
will be as irritated with me as possible.



If I knew this was work, I probably
wouldn't be so happy about doing it.



Post-snowball fight

No comments: