Saturday, September 08, 2018

indiana motor bus company

When I was in grade school, I interviewed Gramps for a school assignment. The specific assignment was to interview one of your grandparents about their hero, so of course Gramps wanted to talk about his dad, Grandpa Jeff. He told me in great detail how Grandpa Jeff and his business partners built Indiana Motor Bus Company. Specifically, he was super-impressed by how they made the buses themselves by taking the chassis from Reo trucks and building bus frames on top of them. He didn't show me any pictures then, but his description was so vivid I felt like I could see them. So imagine the dork fit I had yesterday when I found these beauties in a box. Gramps decided that since I was so excited about my find, I should get to be the keeper of this particular treasure trove.




 

No comments: